top of page
  • Writer's pictureJessica Franz

How to File Taxes With Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)

Each year during the tax preparation process, one of the most common questions we get is how to file taxes with restricted stock units (RSUs).

RSUs are a form of compensation issued by an employer to an employee in the form of company shares. Restricted Stock Units generally incur both ordinary income tax and capital gains taxes.

It is important to understand what taxable events have occurred and what documents you need to collect for proper reporting so that the necessary adjustments can be made to avoid overpaying your taxes.

Fidelity has done an excellent job putting together this information packet on RSU’s and what documents are needed and how they are used to file your taxes… Please use the following link to see the information packet on RSUs

**This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.**

85 views0 comments


bottom of page